1 Sept 2009

Inspiring packaging

Today i bought a "feel good" drink and was intrigued by the bottle for a good 10minutes. Because of this i have decided to share my findings with you. Aren't you lucky!


Heres the bottle...
...its a nice bottle, right? The first thing that i thought was pretty cool about this bottle is that its made from glass instead of plastic. Its not often you get glass bottles any more. I could only really think of this and 'J20'!? 
Anyway,
I went to open the bottle to have some drink and noticed that the lid had a smiley face on it and suggested that i "feel good" by recycling...
...I found that pretty cute and decided to show my girlfriend and her friend. They both agreed that this was pretty cute. It got me thinking that perhaps if i was to draw smiley faces on other items, then, these would become cute also? Maybe bring life to inanimate objects...







eraser
pistachio nut
cheese grater
...As you can see I tried it on a few things and it kinda worked. But, this brings me to the next bit of the bottle. The main label. The main label also has a character on it...
...This character does not have a face at all!? Due to this i feel that the image has no emotion and did not connect with me. Anybody agree? 

Next on the bottle i noticed another character...
..."No Artificial Nasties" 
He really does look like a nasty with his sharp edges and fangs and a hippy-like sign of protest telling us "fruit NOT sugar". Also, the text tells us that the drink is 'lovely' and if we "DRINK GOOD" we will "FEEL GOOD!". Nice use of flowers, again suggesting we are going to enjoy this drink.

Already i was thoroughly impressed with this bottle design and the work put into its creation. Then i saw the other side of the label which suggested that consumers should send in "feel good photos" which they could print on the labels. Mine was a picture that Debbie Hulme had posted...
...Debbie Hulme had put a lot of effort in to creating two gnomes from clay and taken a photo of them next to a bottle of this drink. There was no financial gain for Debbie, i imagine she had been just as captivated by this bottle as i was! I think i'm probably going to send in an image of something that makes me smile too.

Just when i thought this bottle couldn't get any better i noticed one last thing...

...The glass bottle has braille embossed around it. Brilliant! I dont know what it says, but i bet its good.
So, there it is. I realize this has been a long post about something random. But, this is the kinda thing that interests me an i hope it interested you too :D
Just encase you wanted to send your own pictures to them heres the address...
until next time
stay cool


1 comment:

natalie louise douglas said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
ha ha leon you never fail to amuse me !!
good work :D x